Old 29-03-2007, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What are your experiences with Sedums and Butterflies?

On 29/3/07 09:34, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

snip

I have both forms of sedum within 10 yards of each other and do find
that butterflies will head for the old original and avoid Autumn Joy. I
planted another variety named "Carl" last year, but as there were so few
butterfies around in my garden last summer it's hard to say yet whether
they like that one very much or or not.

Marjoram in flower is a great attractant for many of the smaller meadow
butterflies, as well as bees and many other insects, I find.

I don't think I've taken particular notice of which Sedum they like but I do
know that they go really mad over Eupatorium later in the year. So if you
haven't got some you might like to plant it.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk