Old 29-03-2007, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What are your experiences with Sedums and Butterflies?

On 29/3/07 12:02, in article
,
" wrote:

On 29 Mar, 09:53, Sacha wrote:

snip

I don't think I've taken particular notice of which Sedum they like but I do
know that they go really mad overEupatoriumlater in the year. So if you
haven't got some you might like to plant it.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Sacha , Eupatoriums are well known particularly amongst American
butterfly enthusiasts and I once grew some of our native E.
cannabinum. Which one are you actually referring to here? Is it
Purpureum?

Yes and also E. maculatum atropurpureum and E. roseum 'Chocolate'. But the
E. purpureum is the one that I think the butterflies, bees etc. seem to like
best.