Old 29-03-2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Olde Hippee Olde Hippee is offline

Default Hi All, we finally did it!!

We reconfigured the ponds this week. We've meant to do something for
the last few years as the stream from the upper pond to the lower has
been leaking. We tried urethane foam, still leaked. Now we are
good. Started out with the little 3 basin stream hard plastic piece,
down to the upper pond(for plants and our resident bullfrogs) and into
the big 11 X 17' koi pond. It looks so nice, but we're not done yet.
We had friends give us some timber bamboo to make a fence out of.
That is the next big project, then landscaping. It looks bare now
because of the soil we had to move to reconfigure. But it isn't
leaking.

All our fish came thru looking good, and everybody has been up to eat,
voraciously, I might add.
After cleaning the filters yesterday we know the pea soup will go
away. We also salted the pond to help out the fish and kill algae. We
are now excited about the pond again.

How did all of you make out with your ponds over the winter? Our
winter was mild in Delaware.

I am so glad we have a ponding and not trolling group again. Thanks to
all who facilitated that feat.

Nan & Rich