Old 29-03-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kthirtya kthirtya is offline

Default About toads

I so love the amphibians! They are such marvelous
feats of metamorphosis engineering. And great for classrooms in the
spring.

My youngest son's second grade teacher brought
in buckets of tree frog eggs, tadpoles and canoodling
frogs. They had taken over her parent's pool cover
and were raising an unholy racket.

I went in early with young son and we helped divide up
the spoils with the other teachers. I put together a fact
and care sheet for the teachers and a plan for the
eventual froglets.

My son, and the other teacher's children, spent their
time chasing down escaping frogs who were attempting
to make a break for it down the hallways. The janitor stood
by in stoic resignation - elementary janitors are unsung heroes in the
school world.
k :-)