Old 29-03-2007, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default First Queen Wasp

On 29 Mar, 14:54, wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 28, 10:37 pm, "Dave Hill" wrote:
Yesterday I saw the first Queen wasp of the year, normally they don't
appear till the raspberries are in flower.
I know that wasps will feed on a lot of aphids and other pests, but I
react badly to their stings so I try not to let any nest on our
property.
We get enough visiting ones.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

David, how do you ensure they don't nest? I had a very bad experience
in the garden about 5 years ago, where I was stung multiple times and
chased into the house by a horde of them after I poured Jeyes fluid
into their nest in a bank.

Well you can't blame them realy can you! :-)

--
Chris Green

How do I stop them Nesting?
I kill every queen I come across and get rid of every nest I find here
with Wasp killer bought from Wilkinsons or other store, Last year I
was told by one store at the end of July that they only sell it when
the wasps are around, when I asked just when that was I was told
September.
A good wasp killer powder can be either squirted into the entrance of
their nest in the late evening or even put down in a place they are
coming in and out of, they then take it back to the nest.
http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com...?prodid=132242

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries