Old 29-03-2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Hi All, we finally did it!!

"Access Systems" wrote in message
not sure about fry, these two goldfish are doing the mating thing but have
never actually laid any eggs, but even when I had a few more fish they
never laid any eggs that I ever noticed, maybe the pond is too small and
they know it, but in any case I have some broken brick in one corner with
lots of good hiding places for them if they ever decide to show
up... Don't know for sure how old these fish are but I have had them 4
years now and they are about 6-8 inches, but I got them from another
pond'er.

50g is so small they probably ate any eggs they laid. They need something
like hornwart to lay their eggs on. Your filter may have sucked in any fry
that hatched.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.