Old 30-03-2007, 05:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
NetMax NetMax is offline

Default Pond Van Advice

On Mar 29, 12:02 am, ~ jan wrote:
"KerplunKuK" [dot]uk wrote in message
I have a pond that is 5m * 5m * (0.4m-1.5m) deep. It has turtles and fish
in it.
I am looking for a pond vac to use with this, but there seem to be so
many, with so little information.
I am located in the UK, so model available here would be helpful.

I'm not sure what you might call them in the UK, but here we call them shop
vacs or wet & dry vacs. One takes the pleated filter off to do straight
water. With my 12 gallon capacity I can suck up a lot of muck before it is
filled. I did the lily pond this spring 6' X 15' and it took only 4-6
tankful's. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

While a bit expensive, there is a company in the UK which makes a wet
vac with a sump pump inside. While vacuuming, a float switch turns on
the sump which empties the vacuum through a 2nd hose. It vacuums and
empties itself at the same time. I have two of them (for work).

Of course, if you only needed a continuously emptying wet-vac, it's
just a water pump with 2 hoses. ;~)
~~