Old 27-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Ian Smith

Default Compresses CO2 not PH monitored?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:43:14 -0500, Harry Muscle fake@AT wrote:

Does anyone out there have a setup where they use compressed CO2 instead of
DIY stuff but still inject it without any sort of automated PH sensor to
control everything?

Yes.

CO2 cylinder from welding supply shop (though it's actually a food
grade cylinder), pressure regulator & needle valve putting 3 or 4
bubbles a second into a home-made diffuser which is effectively just a
bubble-trap in the return line from my sump to my tank.

Everything very happy - and while this tank is only 18 months old, the
previous tank ran the same CO2 setup (though a smaller CO2 cylinder)
for several years.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig