Old 30-03-2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default I did it again..........

wrote in message
oups.com...
i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

No need to limit yourself to a shirt pocket..... Boxes fit conveniently on
your lap, yes? Something the size of an Amazon box would do nicely. And/or
those white plastic grocery bags can fit quite a few 3 to 4 inch pots in
them..... hang from the wrist well, too, leaving hands free for more
shopping. Culture sheets can add just a soupcon of structure to the bag in
case there's something delicate inside that won't bear too much jostling.

There's nothing quite so fun as walking through a crowd with your Cattleyas
on display! Makes you think that's what being famous is like, everyone's
head turns towards you, people stop what they're saying and point and go
'Oooooh!' At least, I *hope* its the orchids they are pointing at, not the
toilet paper stuck to my shoe..... *G*

K Barrett