Old 30-03-2007, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Mulching mowers

In message .com, kt
writes
Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

We have a John Deere with revolving wheels front and back (though they
can be locked into position), which we got at Chelsea a few years ago.
We have been very pleased with it. The machine seems sturdy and works
well, and the manoeuvrability of the wheels along with the mulching (I
find grass boxes heavy and difficult) has cut our mowing time to
considerably less than half.

I find the wheels far easier to manoeuvre than the usual locked wheels
and hate straight lines in gardens in any case, so I revolve happily
around the big tree at the back painting circles!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin