Old 30-03-2007, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kt kt is offline

Default Mulching mowers

Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

Old 30-03-2007, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, kt
writes
Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

We have a John Deere with revolving wheels front and back (though they
can be locked into position), which we got at Chelsea a few years ago.
We have been very pleased with it. The machine seems sturdy and works
well, and the manoeuvrability of the wheels along with the mulching (I
find grass boxes heavy and difficult) has cut our mowing time to
considerably less than half.

I find the wheels far easier to manoeuvre than the usual locked wheels
and hate straight lines in gardens in any case, so I revolve happily
around the big tree at the back painting circles!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 31-03-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

What size area are you cutting and what is your budget?

Old 31-03-2007, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Klara wrote:
In message .com, kt
writes
Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

We have a John Deere with revolving wheels front and back (though they

"revolving wheels", wow, what a concept! :-)

--
Chris Green
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kt kt is offline

On 31 Mar, 23:05, Klara wrote:
In message ,
writes

Klara wrote:
In message .com, kt
writes
Hi

Could anyone reccommend a self propelling mulching mower (not sit on)?

It's awfully hard to choose when you don't know a thing about them!

Thanks for any help

Kate

We have a John Deere with revolving wheels front and back (though they

"revolving wheels", wow, what a concept! :-)

:-))

Ummm ... they have a name ... caster wheels, that's what they are!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin- Hide quoted text -

Thank you everyone, a John Deere with castors then!

Better than stabbing in the dark

Kate

Old 01-04-2007, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you everyone, a John Deere with castors then!

Better than stabbing in the dark

Kate

Well, perhaps if you had provided more information or answered my post you
may have gotten more of a reponse.