Old 30-03-2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Skimmers

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:24:32 CST, Ralph & His Clowder
wrote:

After a recent wind storm that blew all sorts of debris (especially
orange blossoms) into my pond, I'm starting to consider a skimmer for my
1500 gallon pond. It would have to be retrofitted, so it needs to be as
simple as possible. Any advice? Any brand recommendations? Has anyone
made their own instead of buying one?

Gabrielle in southern Arizona

Someone used a net bag with a stream of water pumped into the opening
that was half submerged. That should work well in a round pond, but
mine has some dead spots the current from the pumped stream didn't
effect.

Regards,

Hal