Old 27-03-2003, 08:56 PM
shannie

Default laying poison.

Make that two dead cats ( Our queen (who was expecting kittens) has died
at the vets. Please don't lay poison's irresponsibly!
"shannie" wrote in message
Could I please ask anybody who reads this group and lays poison in their
fields to kill whatever vermin they use it for be it fox's, rats whatever

please please please do it with the utmost care. I am against using

poisons
on farmlands but nonetheless understand why people do it.Generally bait is
laid inside piping so that bigger animals cannott get at it, but some

people
are lazy and don't bother. I lost one of my cats today due to poison he
ingested and one of the others is in the vets all day hanging in there. I
know there are two types of people, those who like and those who dislike
cats and it's most likely that my cats were not targeted specifically as

we
live in an area surrounded by fields. But when you see a seven year old

boy
crying over his dead cat you have to put an appeal somewhere for people to
be more careful when baiting traps.

Many thanks

Shan (Ireland)