Old 30-03-2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default About toads

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:03:40 CST, wrote:

Sorry I can't take those. American toads are the native species here.
But thanks for the offer.

Some years ago someone told his story about having a frog/toad that
called making a sound similar to a woman's scream. A neighbor,
thinking someone was in trouble, called the cops and when they banged
on the door he invited them in to the back yard where the noise
originated. Picture, not one, but several cars full of cops with
flashlights all over the yard finding mating pairs of frogs. Finally
the cops went away and they were able to get to bed, but when the next
shift of cops came on duty they had heard the story and came calling
to see the sight.

I'm just grateful to have common sounds at my pond.

Regards,

Hal