Old 30-03-2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
NetMax NetMax is offline

Default Pond Van Advice

On Mar 30, 11:11 am, Hal wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:03:25 CST, "NetMax"
wrote:

Of course, if you only needed a continuously emptying wet-vac, it's
just a water pump with 2 hoses. ;~)

Can we be more specific about what brand of pump will work, or at
least specifications of a pump. I thought about a well pump, but it
had pressure controls for a home water system and I'm a bit lost as to
how to get around that.

Regards,

Hal

More specific....
Numatics, Somerset 01460 68480 if you wanted to go with the wet-dry
sump vacuum ;~)

The well pump pressure switch is easy to work around, but the pump
itself is not suitable. An above ground needs to be primed and the
foot valve would not suit your application, and the submersible is not
practical.

I could break the requirement into 2 components, the electric motor
and the water pump, but if you're not technically oriented, you could
alternately see what is locally available to you. Post the specs and
then perhaps someone can make some comparisons with pumps they are
using now.

Alternately, gravity drain and using your pond's pump/filters are
methods of dredging the pond, but these depend on the grade of your
property, and the types of filters being used.
~~