Old 01-04-2007, 01:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default peppers

Rhiannon S wrote:

This is probably a silly question, but I'm trying to grow some Chilli
Peppers on my window sill this year. Is ii true you need to keep the seeds
warm to get them to germinate, and if it is, how warm and how long does it
take?

Not knowing any better, I sowed my seeds on a bright but cool (probably
about 15C) indoor windowsill on 18th Feb. From three pots of three[*]
seeds, 10 germinated between 14th-17th March (so 24-27 days later).

Apart from one runty one, the seedlings all now about two inches tall
and just producing their first real pair of leaves. Maybe they would
like it warmer though, so perhaps I should move them.

The two varities I'm trying are Aja Rojo and Tepin if that helps.

Mine are "cherry bomb". I've also got some others that I should get
around to sowing at some point...

Peter
[*] OK, I must have dropped in a spare