Old 31-03-2007, 11:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] nobody@junk.min.net is offline

Default About toads

In .com, on 03/30/07
at 06:32 PM, "kthirtya" said:

jan and I worked out an adoption program
from her pond to mine (two minutes by
car).
We cobbled together a fish bobber tied with
a length of thin rope. We set the bobber in
jan's pond with the rope hanging down into
the water. The tree frogs laid their eggs
along the string, jan netted it up and I transported
it to my frog bog.
Years later I have several generations out
in the backyard singing their little hearts out.

We learned that the tree frogs in our area do
not like to breed in ponds with larger fish but
are happy in fishless ponds or ponds with a
few small fish.

That worked well, but it doesn't get toads here. And my painted
turtle is missing.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21