Old 01-04-2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Dan Deckert Dan Deckert is offline

Default Solar pump recommendations

I see you're about 15 miles from me. I'm in Benton City. I looked at the
foster&smith thing but they don't have any specs per se. I looked for solar
pumps & found a few billion or so........but I'm hoping someone has a
suggestion for something 'fairly' reliable. It's just gonna pump water. No
fish/plants/birds/etc. I don't really care if I have to buy a new 1 every
couple of years. I'd just like to able to buy a setup & replace the pump
every couple of years. It's not like the Panels wear out.

Dan

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:48:36 CST, "Dan Deckert" wrote:

The wife has a cowboy sitting in a tub with a water shower head that

feeds
into it. It's a garden ornament thing. It might hold 5 gallons max of

water.
I'd like to put a solar pump in the unit. Can someone recommend something

in
the way of a pump?
The tub sits on a base that would hold the water. The piping in the tub

is
3/8" and about 20" long. The 'shower head' has 6 small holes in it.
I don't need this to run @ night.
Dan

Hi Dan, See my post Solar Pond. Though I can't recommend a pump, as I've
never used any of these. I've used small cheapies that didn't last, but
that was 5 or more years ago and I'm sure they've improved since that

time.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State