Old 31-03-2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Solar pump recommendations

The wife has a cowboy sitting in a tub with a water shower head that feeds
into it. It's a garden ornament thing. It might hold 5 gallons max of water.
I'd like to put a solar pump in the unit. Can someone recommend something in
the way of a pump?

The tub sits on a base that would hold the water. The piping in the tub is
3/8" and about 20" long. The 'shower head' has 6 small holes in it.

I don't need this to run @ night.

Dan

Old 31-03-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:48:36 CST, "Dan Deckert" wrote:

The wife has a cowboy sitting in a tub with a water shower head that feeds
into it. It's a garden ornament thing. It might hold 5 gallons max of water.
I'd like to put a solar pump in the unit. Can someone recommend something in
the way of a pump?
The tub sits on a base that would hold the water. The piping in the tub is
3/8" and about 20" long. The 'shower head' has 6 small holes in it.
I don't need this to run @ night.
Dan

Hi Dan, See my post Solar Pond. Though I can't recommend a pump, as I've
never used any of these. I've used small cheapies that didn't last, but
that was 5 or more years ago and I'm sure they've improved since that time.
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 01-04-2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I see you're about 15 miles from me. I'm in Benton City. I looked at the
foster&smith thing but they don't have any specs per se. I looked for solar
pumps & found a few billion or so........but I'm hoping someone has a
suggestion for something 'fairly' reliable. It's just gonna pump water. No
fish/plants/birds/etc. I don't really care if I have to buy a new 1 every
couple of years. I'd just like to able to buy a setup & replace the pump
every couple of years. It's not like the Panels wear out.

Dan

Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:47:42 CST, "Dan Deckert" wrote:

I see you're about 15 miles from me. I'm in Benton City. I looked at the
foster&smith thing but they don't have any specs per se. I looked for solar
pumps & found a few billion or so........but I'm hoping someone has a
suggestion for something 'fairly' reliable. It's just gonna pump water. No
fish/plants/birds/etc. I don't really care if I have to buy a new 1 every
couple of years. I'd just like to able to buy a setup & replace the pump
every couple of years. It's not like the Panels wear out.

Dan

Yes, the panels, as long as you don't drop them, last. Good luck with your
search, perhaps report what you find. ~ jan up near the mall
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Rate This Thread: