Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PJ PJ is offline

Default GA100 Shredder Help Please!

On 31 Mar, 22:06, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"PJ" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello All,

I wonder if someone can help me with advice on the repair of a
Black&Decker GA100 Garden Shredder?

The top bearing in the electric motor has broken and needs replacing.
It would appear that some spares are still available in the UK. I have
removed the motor from the shredder, but can't work out how to remove
the top bearing.

I have got as far as removing the motor assembly from the main housing
but now I'm stuck. I assume that I need to remove the pulley from the
top of the armature first in order to replace the bearing, but how is
the pulley attached and what do I need to do to remove it?

Any advice on taking this thing apart so I can refurbish it would be
much appreciated.

If there is no visible means of securing the pulley to the shaft, like a
grub screw, then it will almost certainly have been fitted by a hydraulic
press, and you will need a puller to get it off, just like you will need a
puller to remove the bearing from its housing. These may or may not be the
same puller.

I'm not familiar with the GA 100, these are general principles.

Steve

Thanks folks.

Anthony - I have the exploded view diagram and that doesn't help apart
from not showing any screw or similar holding it on.

Steve - your suggestion is sounding the most likely, so it would seem
that without the right puller(s) it could be a lost cause.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Peter