Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Disposing of lawn rakings

"Broadback" wrote in message
Having spent a happy day raking my lawn I have a lot of waste, mainly
moss. Can I just throw it on my compost heap, or use it straight as a

mulch?

if you want to use it as a mulch is say a vege garden or somewhere you could
use as a substitute for hay or straw then dry the grass clippings first.
When green they will rot away your plants. If you want to simply use as a
weed suppressant under a hedge or round trees etc no need to dry it, just
keep it away from the trunks. A bit of rotting wet grass won't be any harm.

rob