Old 27-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Terry Horton

Default purple flowering trees

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:26:08 -0600, Rusty Mase
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:13:29 GMT, (Babberney)
wrote:

Mountain Laurel are definitely purple, not pink, like grape kool-ade
colored, but I haven't seen any blooming yet this year.

Mine were starting to flower profusely just prior to the last hard
freeze and it got all of the flower buds. Mine are not going to bloom
this year.

Most everything here is delayed in blooming by 1-2 weeks, probably
because we're down in a valley (a little cooler at night, a little
more humid). Though I get a little impatient for my bluebonnets (just
starting to bloom), I've noticed the delay in budding means we don't
see frost damage very often.

Caterpillars were bad on our mountain laurels last year. Had to apply
BT, something I use judiciously in our little ecosystem.