Old 05-04-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pongo Potts Pongo Potts is offline

Default Metal Plant Supports

"Andrew Newton" wrote in message
I remember seeing Monty Don making hooped plant supports from metal rods on
TV. I have tried googling but without success. Can anyone please point me
in
the direction of a web link with what type of steel I need to use and the
instructions for getting a decent curve when bending it.

TIA

Andrew

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...d/machine-mart

these can be used for rounds if careful

all you then need is some 1/4" or 6mm mild steel rod, a propane gas torch
and a tig welder to nail it all together..........