Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default identification of leaves

On Apr 5, 7:54 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "
contains these words:

I have sown cabbage, (Primo) and Brussel Sprouts, (Peer Gynt)
Unfortunately I forgot to label them. They are growing well but I
don't know which is which, how can I tell?

IIRC the leaves look pretty similar...I would plant them alternately,
then, as you will use the cabbage first, that leaves room for the
Sprouts...you won't be harvesting _them_ until after the first frosts,
will you?

What a good idea, I must try to remember that.

I'm full of good ideas, darlink! ;-)

Thanks everyone, I will take Anne's advice, if I can't identify them
and plant alternatively. Quite right, the sprouts will need frost
before we can eat them.

Judith