Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Laelia fidelensis

And a bunch of Encyclias.
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message

"tennis maynard" wrote in message
bobc wrote:
On Apr 5, 8:39 pm, "bobc" wrote:

Hello the group!
I have a plant sold to me as Laelia fidelensis which is now
flowering. I looked in Pridgeon's book which doesn't have a picture,
but described it as having two or three flowers per inflorescence. My
plant has ten buds on each, three of them are open. The picture I
found at plantfacts.com looks nothing like my plant. For one thing my
plant has non resupinate flowers (lip on top).
I am going to Jay's site shortly, but was wondering if rotating my
plant so all sides get light (it's on a windowsill) would cause the
flowers to become non resupinate? I think I'm grasping at straws, but
asked anyway.
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa.

Now I'm talking to myself!!! G
But I just went to Jay's site and my plant is almost surely not L.
fidelensis. The chase begins!
lol

can you post a pic on abpo?

I can't think of a non-resupinate Laelia... Some Epidendrums are
non-resupinate...

K Barrett