Old 28-03-2003, 01:08 AM
madgarder

Default Black Carrots

years ago (specifically around 1984) I grew what was listed as Mexican
carrots.......the picture on the envelope was a carrot shaped root that was
honest to pete, black. I sowed the seed like carrot seed (they were finger
managable, just large enough to drop along a line)....the tops were ferny, I
waited until I saw a dark tip poking thru and there were about a small
carrot bag (store) of the roots which were indeed, black. Cleaned them up,
cut off the ferns, and they lit my mouth up................apparently these
things were hotter than horseradish. My husband LOVED them, turned out they
were RADISHES and boy howdy were they flaming. btw, the seeds were odd ones
at a local K-mart years ago, when I went back to get him some more, I
discovered them one more time and they were all labled Black
radishes......so try looking for exotic seeds of black radish instead of
carrots..............best I can do on this one
madgardener
"Mook23" wrote in message
I'vew read that there are species' or carrots that are black. Does anyone
know a source for these or possibly maybe some experience with them?