Old 07-04-2007, 03:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default What is an Aquapod ?

In article .com,
wrote:

Sorting out the garden today - nice weather , trip to 2 x garden
centre, B&Q & Homebase - all of them seem to be selling a new kit from
Hozelock - AquaPod - seems to be some sort of carlos fandango micro
irrigation kit but I can't seem to find much info on the Hozelock
site, any body got any experience or info ?

Very happy so far. I've just set one up to water a cluster of
containers (including a rather valuable acer) in my porch. Having tried
drip irrigation systems before - and found them fiddly, inflexible and
tedious to set up - the Aquapod was a breath of fresh air. It only took
a couple of minutes to get it up and running. I got the kit with
included tap timer so I'm now the proud owner of an automatic watering
system... Can't wait to go on holiday! Another useful feature is the
ability to move the dripper lines easily to a new location should I
want to move my plants around - the old style of micro irrigation
network was almost impossible to redeploy once it had been set up. Mine
will probably be a semi-permanent installation but I can imagine lots
of people getting one of these kits just to keep patio containers
watered while they're on holiday.