Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Garlic question

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 23:48:20 +1200, "George.com"
wrote:

2+ months ago I harvested my Garlic crop. Planting some lettuce today I dug
up some garlic bulbs I had missed. Several of them have sprouts 1-2 inchs
long.

Questions.
Am I able to use these the bulbs for planting in June (winter) or should I
instead dry and eat them now?

If usable for replanting in June, what is the best way to store them?

Thanks.
Rob

I just leave them in the ground if they didn't "bulb" yet. I had the
same thing happen and they are coming up now. I'll let them grow till
they brown out and harvest them then. Here in TX this means harvest
in July or August.