Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Garlic question

I raise elephant garlic. I harvest it in July, cure it for 10 to 15 days,
store it in a cool place (not the fridge), and then replant in early
September. That way it has time to form into cloves by the next June or
July.

I haven't had much experience with regular garlic. You might get away with
planting it now, but I doubt it.

George, I agree that you should replant your bulbs and leave them till
summer.

Dwayne

"George.com" wrote in message
2+ months ago I harvested my Garlic crop. Planting some lettuce today I
dug
up some garlic bulbs I had missed. Several of them have sprouts 1-2 inchs
long.

Questions.
Am I able to use these the bulbs for planting in June (winter) or should I
instead dry and eat them now?

If usable for replanting in June, what is the best way to store them?

Thanks.
Rob