Old 08-04-2007, 01:51 AM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default @#$#()$)&%^%)(&#@ WEATHER!

"jOhN" wrote in message
t...
It looks pretty grim for the tender stuff in the Austin metroplex
tonight - but my cousin in Nashville says after weeks of 80 degree
weather they predict 18F in about 10 hours.

Maybe our cold will at least moderate the insect pest population -
specifically mosquitoes :-)

My wife already made a sleetman here in Cedar Park. She's hoping to
render a snowman later this evening or in the morning.

I'm growing tomatoes for the first time in several years and was very
pleased to have several already about cherry sized, especially the black
heirlooms. The late blooming bulbs (hippeastrum ) might be liking it.
The dog and cats are driving me nuts, though...