Old 08-04-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Garlic question

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:42:08 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

I just leave them in the ground if they didn't "bulb" yet. I had the
same thing happen and they are coming up now. I'll let them grow till
they brown out and harvest them then. Here in TX this means harvest
in July or August.

hijacking the thread a little bit

Has anyone had any luck with the garlic you plant now for harvest this
year? I NEVER get my stuff together enough to plant in the fall. I was
thinking of trying the spring stuff. I was wondering if it was worth a
30 mile trip to the nursery to get some. Any opinions?

I've gotten cloves to form, but not bulb in one season. The garlic
you plant now can stay in the ground all summer, then fall and till
next year. The other thing I do with mine in the same season is to
use the foliage in cooking.