Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Garlic question

"George.com" wrote in message
2+ months ago I harvested my Garlic crop. Planting some lettuce today I

dug
up some garlic bulbs I had missed. Several of them have sprouts 1-2 inchs
long.

Correction here. Rather than bulbs I should have said cloves. The cloves are
left over from late last winters planting (they were a little late) and
summer harvesting. They were ones I missed.

Some the the cloves are sprouting new growth at the top. I am only 4-6 weeks
away from planting my new seasons crop.

I guess the plan is, someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, to store
the cloves in a dry dark place and plant out when needed.

rob