Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default @#$#()$)&%^%)(&#@ WEATHER!

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 00:22:28 GMT, jOhN
wrote:

It looks pretty grim for the tender stuff in the Austin metroplex
tonight - but my cousin in Nashville says after weeks of 80 degree
weather they predict 18F in about 10 hours.

Maybe our cold will at least moderate the insect pest population -
specifically mosquitoes :-)

My wife already made a sleetman here in Cedar Park. She's hoping to
render a snowman later this evening or in the morning.

Your subject title was much kinder than mine, which would have been
mother effin weather.

I had to drag in 20 flats of annual and perennials I grow from seed,
cover about fifteen container plants which were all in 30 gallon
containers, then there are all the annuals which I felt were safe to
plant.

Oh well, my husband corrected me by telling me not to be attached to
the garden. How these words come back to haunt me!

You have my sympathy and best wishes that most of your garden
survives...

I tend to cheat and buy "started" plants. The only things we have going
right now are herbs, marigolds, catnip, and the asparagus is producing.
Everything else is still in the greenhouse so all I had to do was cover
3 small gardens and close the greenhouse up, then turn on the light.

I'd not gotten around to planting tomatoes yet.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.