Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
orchidlover orchidlover is offline

Default Hello

Hello, I'm a newbie to this group after a few weeks of lurking..

We are currently building a new pond in the garden as my 1 Koi has
outgrown the 'puddle' .

The construction can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/user/orchidlover05 under the album
'the pond'.

The size is approx 13ft x 11ft and 3ft deep at it's maximum. Most of
the plants that will be in it are coming from the 'puddle' and a small
barrel pond we have for the birds.

we are at the stage of building the waterfall and having lots of
'design meetings' ( or arguements), but I'll get what I want
eventually.

My question is I know you should let a new pond settle for a few weeks
before adding livestock but a friend is fillling in his and giving us
the 30+ goldfish this week. Is there anything i can do to ease the
transition or do i just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for
the best

orchidlover