Old 08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Weng Weng is offline
Registered User

Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I just replanted a phal. The planting medium that I got is some kind
of bark chips. It appears to dry out very quickly and when I water
it, the water just runs out the bottom immediately.

The plant is doing fine. It has a flower spike that is growing so the
replanting when well.

Should I mist the wood chips? I'd rather not start misting the plant
because I have had really good luck with the other five plants that I
have and I've never done any misting.

I'm just concerned that this repotted plant is drying out too quickly.

By the way - I LOVE this newsgroup. You guys have given me such great
advice and I'm slowly becoming addicted to the wonderful plants.
No, I wouldn't mist the bark. Keeping it moist is akin to watering everyday, and you know what that does to the roots.

Weng