Old 08-04-2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Hello

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 06:23:03 CST, "orchidlover"
wrote:

The construction can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/user/orchidlover05 under the album
'the pond'.

The size is approx 13ft x 11ft and 3ft deep at it's maximum. Most of
the plants that will be in it are coming from the 'puddle' and a small
barrel pond we have for the birds.

My question is I know you should let a new pond settle for a few weeks
before adding livestock but a friend is fillling in his and giving us
the 30+ goldfish this week. Is there anything i can do to ease the
transition or do i just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for
the best orchidlover

Love the backyard/pond. :-)

I'm not quite as optimistic as Ingrid/Solo. I'm afraid those 30 goldfish
are going to give you a green pond right quick. My suggestion would be
chose the best 6, and take the rest to the pet store, and tell him not to
feed them until you can pick them up. Definitely follow that advice, don't
feed!

What are your plans for filtration? You might want to read about my 1st
pond experiences. www.jjspond.us Click on My Filter. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us