Old 09-04-2007, 05:07 AM posted to austin.gardening
oldhickory oldhickory is offline

Default Surving the storm (aka @#$#()$)&%^%)(&#@ WEATHER!)

How did everyone else do? Well, I hope

I'm not sure about the stuff that had not sprouted yet...we'll see in a few
days. If it doesn't come up I'll re-sow. The basil took a hit from the ice
that collected on it before we got the tarp up but I think it will survive
with just a few brown spots. I'll see how it looks tomorrow before I decide.
The other stuff looks like it made it. The lettuce and roquette look fine,
too.

Over all, I think we did well and the big orange bubble (pictures he
http://www.davidandmollie.com/easter/ ) probably helped. We didn't cover the
cat's whisky barrel garden, but their grass looks fine and the catnip
doesn't look any worse than it did a couple of days ago when they started
sitting on it...

I'm not sure about the morning glories, we didn't get them covered either
but I'll wait a few days to see which ones look best before I thin them out.
Or re-plant. Have to get the hummer feeders up, too. Hope they survived....

--
ie