Old 09-04-2007, 01:03 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Surving the storm (aka @#$#()$)&%^%)(&#@ WEATHER!)

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 23:07:08 -0500, "oldhickory"
wrote:

How did everyone else do? Well, I hope

I'm not sure about the stuff that had not sprouted yet...we'll see in a few
days. If it doesn't come up I'll re-sow. The basil took a hit from the ice
that collected on it before we got the tarp up but I think it will survive
with just a few brown spots. I'll see how it looks tomorrow before I decide.
The other stuff looks like it made it. The lettuce and roquette look fine,
too.

Over all, I think we did well and the big orange bubble (pictures he
http://www.davidandmollie.com/easter/ ) probably helped. We didn't cover the
cat's whisky barrel garden, but their grass looks fine and the catnip
doesn't look any worse than it did a couple of days ago when they started
sitting on it...

I'm not sure about the morning glories, we didn't get them covered either
but I'll wait a few days to see which ones look best before I thin them out.
Or re-plant. Have to get the hummer feeders up, too. Hope they survived....

I'm not sure yet as I haven't uncovered anything yet. I hope the
Persicaria makes it. All the flats I btrought in made it, of course.
I have morning glories in 4" pots which I brought in, so if the ones
in the ground died I have more to plant. The Mina lobata made it, aka
Spanish Flag. We had freezing rain or hail, but it probably never
made it below 33. Today I'll do the walk around the whole place.

I do know my cuckoo bird is back in her tree. She comes every year,
which is always exciting. She's very private and quiet so I never
catch the fledge, but I'll try to watch more this year. I have a barn
swallow in my entrance and she is starting to build the mud nest. I
love that!

All is well.

Victoria