Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Any pond keepers on URG?

"Steven Briggs" wrote
Long time lurker on URG, just wondering if there's many of you with garden
ponds?
I have two, main pond is about 15'x15', stocked with lots of orfe,
goldfish and shubunkins. The other is a small one with no fish, just for
the wildlife, although the frogs & toads seem to have shunned it this
year.
There's also a raised fish pond down at my mums place that I built and
look after.

The 'net seems fairly dead these days for pond discussions. Rec.ponds
group spammed to death (now a rec.ponds.moderated version for those that
didn't know, although I haven't used it yet as its not carried by Plusnet
(yet)).

Anyway, I'm in looking to buy a couple of new pumps this year, anyone got
experience of Hozelock Titan (3000) or Fishmate (3000)?
Ditto Oase Aquamax kit, as I may replace my main pond pump this season
too.

Yes, I too am a pondkeeper (Koi), indeed I've kept and bred fish of various
sorts since I was a young child. Regarding pumps, I have been impressed by
Oase pumps and have an Aquamax running the venturi, and would strongly
suggest you check those out above all else.

--
Regards
Bob H