Old 09-04-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Any pond keepers on URG?

Steven Briggs wrote:

Long time lurker on URG, just wondering if there's many of you with
garden ponds?

Well yes, if (former) colonials are allowed.
I found rec.ponds useful with just a little killfiling and ignoring of the
idiots, and the moderated group is starting off nicely, though not a lot
going on yet.
My pond isn't strictly speaking a "garden" pond, since it's about 2/3 acre
and earth bottomed. It has a bunch of large-mouth bass and until last
winter, one Koi. I'll be replacing him this summer when things warm up.
At the moment, about half the surface is still frozen, in east-central
(new) York.

Can't advise on pumps, because the cattails and water lilies take care of
that.