Old 28-03-2003, 03:32 AM
SugarChile

Default Is it herb or weed?

My first reaction was that it looks like the basal foliage for lovage, but
I also can't quite tell from the picture. You said it has no obvious herb
smell; did you try crushing a leaf? Lovage has a celery/anise smell.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Jane" wrote in message
et...
It could be Italian flat leaf parsley if you let last year's go to seed,

or
if it's really large, say 4-6 feet tall in a month or two it could be
lovage...tastes like celery. On the other hand, it may be a weed.
Sorry, I can't be more certain.
Jane

"Doctoroe" wrote in message
om...
Is this an herb or a weed? It popped up in the herb garden. I can't
remember planting it. It has no obvious herb smell. But it sure
looks like some kind of herb. Southeastern US Zone 7. Identify
anyone?
Thanks
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=37908