Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Anti-Frog People Strike Again

In article ,
~ jan wrote:

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 18:41:36 CST, Kurt wrote:

Reminds me of an upscale area next to State Park out here in Ventura
County. Ranger told me that one wealthy idiot who lives in big bux home
has been raising hell with Park Service to get owls removed from park
because they keep him up at night.

AhMazing! I hope the Ranger laughed. ~ jan

She had a good attitude about it, but you know it bothers her.
Another story about the same park (Located in Thousand Oaks) When I was
hiking around there last Summer, I remarked to the same ranger about the
abundance of water in the waterfalls and stream despite it being middle
of Summer. Water was fairly stinky in standing water areas.

"Yes, all that water comes from lawn and car wash runoff. We spend a lot
of time trying to keep the area kids out of the water."