Old 10-04-2007, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Weedkiller for large areas of brambles

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
news
I need to kill brambles on a large (11 acre) piece of land. Some is down
the length of a ditch on one boundary, other areas are in woodland and in
patches on grassland. There's probably at least one acre of the stuff in
total. I tried digging some out by the roots, but it's just a none
starter,
time wise, I need a chemical attack. I am wanting to put 3 Highland cattle
on this land later in the year so would prefer something that will still
allow this.

I don't know about weedkillers but I do know that once cut down and probably
burned, just mowing the re growth now and then will stop it coming back.

Mike
www.farend.org.uk