Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Weedkiller for large areas of brambles

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
news
I need to kill brambles on a large (11 acre) piece of land. Some is down
the length of a ditch on one boundary, other areas are in woodland and in
patches on grassland. There's probably at least one acre of the stuff in
total. I tried digging some out by the roots, but it's just a none
starter,
time wise, I need a chemical attack. I am wanting to put 3 Highland cattle
on this land later in the year so would prefer something that will still
allow this. What weed killers do you recommend and when and how should I
apply please? Please don't let this descend into a debate on the rights
and
wrongs of a chemical attack

--
Best Regards,
Chris

I inherited half an acre of brambles with a house I bought in Leicester. I
cut them down with a Rotosythe, went over them a couple of times, then let
the land out to a girl with a couple of horses!!

Now got a couple of blocks of flats on it :-))

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk