Old 11-04-2007, 04:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
oldhickory oldhickory is offline

Default Surving the storm (aka @#$#()$)&%^%)(&#@ WEATHER!)

Sounds like everyone fared well..

Any pics of the sleetman?

--
ie

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 04:11:55 GMT, jOhN
wrote:

The only evidence of the cold weather and sleet is the picture we took
of my wife's 1 ft. "sleetman" she constructed Saturday - sitting next
to an Easter-themed plastic chicken that poops out Jelly Bellies. I
found no cold damage to anything here in Cedar Park.

It only nipped my coleus, but they should survive. If not, they are
cheap enough. I put them in where I want color to contrast against
other foliage.

Coleus are tough... They'll be back if the stems and roots survived!

The only real problem I've ever had with Coleus was Mealy bug. I also
had scale on my cactus so consulted with "It's About Thyme" in Austin.
They sold me a bunch of Lacewing Larvae.

Worked like a charm. :-) I did not see ANY scale this winter at all and
mealy bug only on one plant. I went after than with Tobacco tea and also
quarantined the infected plant. It worked.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson