Old 11-04-2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Green Water

"KerplunKuK" [dot]uk wrote in message
I am trying to cure my green water issue but I am having no luck at all.
My filter is working well and there is no debris in the pond, the UV
clarifier has a new bulb and is working correctly, the plants are healthy,
the fish are only being fed sparingly and there is no food left over.
I have tried barley straw and also various treatments, but the water is so
green I have no idea what to do.

The weather here is about 17C daily and not overly sunny. The pond is 5m
by 5m by between 45cm and 1m deep.

Any help is required and appreciated.

It can sometimes take a week or more for the UV to clear the pond. It will
clear faster if you have pond plants and they've started into active growth.
The more plants the better.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.