Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steven Briggs Steven Briggs is offline

Default Any pond keepers on URG?

Thanks all.

In message , BoyPete
writes
Hi Steve. Yep, I have a pond, smallish,.......... goldfish, comets,
shubunkin, and two koi. I have a Titan 2000, and have no probs.

I have (had) a Titan 3000 on Mum's pond, often wouldn't start properly,
just bouncing away on its mechanical rotation pawls. I've now clumsily
bust the shaft and rotor trying to "improve" things. Duh. I might try to
get replacement parts or a new Fishmate pump is only about £55.
Meanwhile I just set put the filter (Bioforce) back into action on this
pond with one my old trusty Otter pumps. Only the 300gph model but it
seems very close in performance to the Titan 3000 (i.e 3000 lph or
660gph).

There are a number of pond forums, if you like that presentation.......I
suggest a recent one.....http://www.forums.pondlife.eu/forum/index.php

I'll keep an eye on that one thanks, although I'm not fond of fragmented
php forums. Probably due to using "all in one" usenet for many years.

Check Oase support before you buy.

I will be, as the manuals appear to be total crap, lacking in any useful
information.
The new Aquamax Eco looks good though.
--
steve