Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Green Water

you are moving the water thru the UV unit too fast? you also need a bucket
filter for the pump, wrap it in a chunk of polyester batting and when the
water flow slows way down raise the bucket with the bucket in it, then
unplug, remove the polyester batting and toss it. replace with batting as
long as the water isnt clear.

how many gallons you got per koi? I have (22) 12-18" koi and feed 1/4 cup
per day. that is about twice as much as necessary. if the first ingredient
in the koi food is a grain, it is in and out of a koi without being digested
and just becomes waste to feed the algae. Ingrid

"KerplunKuK" [dot]uk wrote in message
I am trying to cure my green water issue but I am having no luck at all.

My
filter is working well and there is no debris in the pond, the UV

clarifier
has a new bulb and is working correctly, the plants are healthy, the fish
are only being fed sparingly and there is no food left over.
I have tried barley straw and also various treatments, but the water is so
green I have no idea what to do.

The weather here is about 17C daily and not overly sunny. The pond is 5m

by
5m by between 45cm and 1m deep.

Any help is required and appreciated.

Thanks