Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
KerplunKuK KerplunKuK is offline

Default Green Water

In news:drsolo Scribbled:
you are moving the water thru the UV unit too fast? you also need a
bucket filter for the pump, wrap it in a chunk of polyester batting
and when the water flow slows way down raise the bucket with the
bucket in it, then unplug, remove the polyester batting and toss it.
replace with batting as long as the water isnt clear.

Sounds interesting. Can you explain this method in stages please?

how many gallons you got per koi? I have (22) 12-18" koi and feed
1/4 cup per day. that is about twice as much as necessary. if the
first ingredient in the koi food is a grain, it is in and out of a
koi without being digested and just becomes waste to feed the algae.
Ingrid

I have one fish per 231 gallons of water. I feed in a feeding ring and only
feed what they can clear up in 5 minutes. Any excess after 15 minutes is
removed.
--
XBL : D0C RAY