Old 12-04-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chris Barnes Chris Barnes is offline

Default Removing positively charged particles from pond water

DavidM wrote:
No they wont. The clay particles are positively charged making them
hydrophilic, they are carried in suspension so wont settle out. Larger
particles caught up in the flow will fall out of solution in a vortex,
but these wont.
My pond was nice and crystal clear for years, this cloudiness appeared
14 months ago. It would have settled out by now had it been just small
particles.

Hmmm.
I wonder if this is why every pond in my area (east Texas) is dark and
cloudy, instead of the clear water we see to the west of us (in the hill
country of Texas). Here we have LOTS of clay in our soil; there the soil
is very rocky.

Please let me know how this works for you - it might be the solution I have
been seeking for a way to clear up the water in ponds here.

--

Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes